Manchester welcomed us (me and my family) on 21st November 2010. It was winter when we step in. We enjoyed every second of the travelling until we reached our friend's house in Salford. Thanks to Syahrizal and Siti Nurbaiti for the company. Alhamdulillah.
The new academic term in Manchester Business School (MBS) had started in October 2010 after the university orientation and student registration sessions in September 2010. I suppose many people have started their PhD. I will be starting a bit late as Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) had just approved the scholarship to the UK which is now limited to only critical areas. At first MBS advised me to enrol by October. Consequently MBS offered me another enrolment date latest by 1 December 2010 after justification was made. Alhamdulillah. I wish to also express my gratitude to MoHE and UiTM for their concerns and supports. To MBS, I am indebted for your kind consideration. Thank you.
I received a complete itinerary from Rohaida Abu Bakar of UiTM yesterday for the UK travel after Eid Adha. Alhamdulillah. The air tickets for three of us - myself, wife and lovely baby Zulfa are now with me. They cost nearly RM11,000. Thank you Allah. Thank you MoHE. Thank you UiTM. Special thanks to our family members. Thank you to all.
We will be travelling with MAS from Penang to Kuala Lumpur and from Kuala Lumpur to London Heathrow before we board on British Airways or BMI to wonderful Manchester.
Pray to Allah for our blessed trip and safe journey there!
UK visa application process can be very daunting in the absence of necessary documents or information. I guess I am an expert in UK visa application as I proved to be able to get it through for myself and two dependants - haha.
I provide vital steps on how to apply a UK visa although you can get them elsewhere. But these are the steps that I have gone through.
1. Get ready with the valid passports before you apply. Make sure they are valid for at least 6 months before the date of your departure.
2. Get visa letter from the fund provider first. For example in my case, UiTM provided me with a letter showing the amount of money you will receive during period of study.
3. For courses that need ATAS certificate, please do it a.s.a.p. Observe ATAS requirement from CAS provided by the sponsoring UK university.
4. You should have CAS number in hand before you apply UK VISA. It is compulsory! If you happen to have received it, you are entitled for 30 full points.
5. Translated marriage certificate, birth certificate - bring over original documents and their copies.
6. One specified photograph for each applicant - refer to UKBA website.
7. I would advise that you apply online. Fill up the right forms - Tier 4 general sponsored student (VAF 9) and 2 forms Tier 4 dependant (VAF 10). Download Appendix 8 - to be manually filled up.
8. Schedule an appointment after payment has been made at any branch of Alliance Bank. submit biometric prints for all 10 fingers. Make sure they are in good conndition - no injuries and covered with no henna.
9. Go to Wisma MCA, KL with all forms, original and copies of the documents you mentioned in those forms, passport and bank saving acconts (you will get enough points if we can proof them we have sufficient money to maintain all dependants.
I guess that's all you need to know. Good luck to you!
Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah. Finally I secured a scholarship to pursue my area of interest; management accounting. A PhD in Accounting and Finance programme shall start on December 1, 2010 at Manchester Business School (MBS), The University of Manchester, England. My supervisors, Professor Robert W. Scapens and Dr Chun LeiYang will lend their expertise on my proposed research topic - Management Accounting innovation.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
1. Verily, We revealed it on the Night of Power. 2. And what will make you know what the Night of Al-Qadr is? 3. The Night of Power is better than a thousand months. 4. The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees. 5. (The night is) Peace until the rising of the dawn.
"The month of Ramadhan, that in which the Quran was sent down; a guidance for mankind, and clear signs of guidance and distinction." ~Surah Al Baqarah 2:185
Laylat al-Qadr is the anniversary of the night Muslims believe the first verses of the Quran were revealed to Muhammad SAW by the angel Gabriel. It is also the anniversary of the night in which the Quran is believed by Muslims to have first descended to the earthly heavens in its entirety.
"One who while fasting does not guard his tongue from telling lies and does not refrain from bad deeds, is not respecting his fast. When you are fasting, you should not speak ill of anybody, nor should you be rough and noisy. If anybody speaks ill of you or tries to pick a quarrel with you, reply him not, but say to him that you are fasting. If people understood what good there was in the month of Ramadhan, they would have liked that it last for a year. A person gets the same reward by reciting in this month, one verse of the Holy Quran, as others do by reciting the whole of the Quran in other months. Whoever is not forgiven in the month of Ramadan, then in which month will he be forgiven? Unfortunate is the person who is deprived of the forgiveness of Allah during this great month (of Ramadhan). Allah does not approve of mere abstention from food. Whoever is prevented from food that he likes, because of his fast, Allah will feed him from the food of Heaven and from its drink. Fast, and you shall be healthy." ~The Holy Prophet Muhammad SAW
On the Day of Judgement, "Fasting will say: O My Lord I prevented him from food and desires so accept my intercession for him." May Allah SWT bless us with the ability to fast through this Ramadhan successfully and I'd like to wish you a blessed Ramadhan, May Allah accept from us and from you.
UiTM is Malaysia's premier institution of higher learning that has experienced phenomenal growth since its inception in 1956. The university has expanded nationwide with 3 satellite campuses, 15 branch campuses, 9 city campuses, 19 affiliated colleges and a smart campus for the future. With this vast network and a workforce of 15 000, the university offers more than 300 unparalleled academic programmes in a vibrant and inclusive environment. It is also home to almost 120,000 students.
Malaysian Institute of Accountants
MIA was established under the Accountants Act (1967). The most important aspect of MIA's role is the fact that it is the guardian of the credibility of the accountancy profession in Malaysia. In doing this, MIA has to lead the profession to ensure that it conforms to the role that is expected accountants and that public interest is always upheld.
CPA Australia is one of the world's largest accounting bodies with a membership of more than 122,000 finance, accounting and business professionals across the globe. Its international presence continues to grow in terms of representation on international bodies and influence in the profession globally.
My name is Zubir Azhar and I am a PhD student at The University of Manchester. My PhD is mostly Management Accounting. I studied Accounting at Universiti Teknologi MARA Malaysia. I then joined industry until I secured MIA membership. I started to work on accounting research as term career and for my own personal interests. I decided to pursue a PhD study to learn and understand the scientific way of doing research - especially qualitative ones.
Prior to joining Manchester Business School, I was an accounting lecturer at Universiti Teknologi MARA Kedah. I am a Chartered Accountant of Malaysian Institute of Accountants and a Member of CPA (Australia).